Saturday, May 10, 2014

Weigh In Time

So I've been doing both IDNutrition and meal replacement shakes from IDLife and the DDPYoga for about 2 months now. I haven't been as consistent with the yoga as I'd like but I've done really well over all. Only missed a couple days of my plan. So how have I done?

Well as always I hate scales. For those that don't know, it is a bad idea to weigh yourself all the time. Your body weight fluctuates daily and especially for women you can go all over the place due to water weight. So yesterday I got on the scale. I always weigh first thing in the morning (after going to the bathroom) and with nothing on to get my truest weight. I had weighed 2 weeks ago and been down a total of 10 pounds. Yesterday I was up by 4 pounds. I wasn't happy. BUT I knew there were several factors that could explain that - because I'd been doing very well with my eating and exercise. Water weight is one and I knew  hadn't been drinking enough water. If you're dehydrated your weight can show it. Second I knew I hadn't been eating enough - I'm bad about getting enough in at lunch while at work and had been really bad about it for a week or so. If your body goes into starvation mode it'll hold onto everything you eat. And then there's the old "muscle weighs more than fat" - as you gain muscle you can see the scale go up a little.

Even knowing all that it still annoyed me to see the scale go up. So this morning I did my measurements - the real true test.

So far I have lost 1/2 inch off the waist, 1/2 inch off the biceps, 1 inch off my hips, 2 3/4 inches off my thighs, 1 inch off my knees and 1 1/4 inches off my calves! If I had any doubt that I was doing the right things they were cured with those numbers.

Forget the scale folks - MEASURE! Measure yourself and use that and how your clothes fit to gauge how you're doing. You'll be much happier!

BANG!

No comments:

Post a Comment